Snoopy said this: "What do you do when the girl you love more than anything else is taken away from you and you know you're never going to see her again for as long as you live?? What do you do??" Snoopy immediately answers himself: "Back to eating!"
I wish I have that appetite for food(Japan made me eat less!) so that I could say the same when two of my best friends would finally be out of Osaka. But, I'll be fine and I have made this list of things that I can possibly do to cope up with whatever emotions that normally go with this kind of changes.
1. study nihongo and get certified (i'm still aiming for something pips!)
2. finish reading the books that have been piling up near my bed
3. poke these two friends everyday in Facebook
4. flood their mailboxes with trashy messages
5. make plans for the next 2-3 years
6. live each day with what/whoever i have to cling to (consciously, of course)
7. blog (oh yeah!)
Any other suggestions? :)
Hopefully, the moment i'm gonna meet them again, I'll be a better person inside and out, and everything will be just (if not better) like it was here in Osaka.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
bouncing back
Posted by Romsil at 3:03 PM
Labels: a mighty heart, crap bag
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Halu cosh,
To qoute from the book Witch of Portobello
"If there is any possible consolation in the tragedy of losing someone we love very much, it’s the necessary hope that perhaps it was for the best."
gogo =)
halu go,
thanks for the cheer-ups! (how was that book by the way? did you like it?)
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
-Green day-
Man, You know, I just dont know how to express my feelings now. Im so sad, but also in a hurry to pack my bags... Not to much time to really feel everything.
But yes, It could have been so different. This was a big blessing dude. Thats for sure.
Jan
los, be grateful, you are feeling that way.. it just means that you have lived a life here in osaka, that there was something that you did right. :D heheh
could have been worse if you just left unnoticed, huh??! :D
good luck to your travels, conquests, and queries buddy...
Hahah! Los always makes me laugh with his incongruous comments..."No time to be sad, I have bags to pack!" Its just so Los! "Cant be emotional, there's logical things to attend to!"
(sorry Los! you know I love you!)
oh Roms, here's some things to add to your list:
8. make plans to visit your friends in their own countries and look forward to more wild adventures
9. take a up a new hobby!
(doing new things is always a distraction - thats what I did when I got back home so I didnt feel the emptiness so much)It really works, coz you meet people too, well depending on the hobby.
10. go shopping - be a devil! spend a little! retail therapy is supposed to be quite effective, and it is Japan and everyone else is doing it! And take a friend!..
11. Realise that you're far better off now that you dont have to put up with all our annoying habits!(its ok, I'm self aware enough to know I have them!)You could even make a list!
12. Throw things at the neighbour (ok, so that one was just for my entertainment!)..but if you do find yourself at a loose end, could you make it something really heavy and throw it really hard...?please..?
13. Practise your guitar because Clashing Colours is not just a dream dammit!! We can make it happen!
And one last one: Look at all the ridiculous photos of us and think this...
"Don't cry because it's ended, smile because it happened."
See you soon Rom!
wow! there are so many things i could do. i'm overwhelmed. heheh. well about the annoying habits, i have also drawn up a list actually, but those things also make me laugh! er, wot's wrong with me?!! can't i be just annoyed?! :D
wild adventures in another country, hmm... that's definitely something to look forward to. i would hunt you guys down if you wouldn't show up to meet me! grr! (gee, we are of different continents.. (and i might be going to kenya too) this is sooo cool!)
> Throw things at the neighbour
did you mean raneil? heheh :D
> go shopping
funny, yesterday, after los left, we went to the outlet shops in Rinku Town. we were so tired after that that we barely talked and just slept on the way back... for a little while, we forgot about the people who left. wahahah! wot an expensive way of turning away from reality. heheh...
ok, i should get back to work, oh, werk now! :D
what to do? MOVE ON... treasure all the good memories, learn from the bad and MOVE ON..
what do to? take up a new hobby, enjoy life, meet new friends, we have only one lifetime , no point wasting it.. live/enjoy today and pray that we will able to do it again tomorrow :D
ja na.. laag nya ta napod..
yeah del, to treasure all the good memories and learn from them is all we could do. that's just how it is i guess.
i could do all those "new" things in the coming weeks, but i won't hurry up. for now, i think i'll choose to stick with the people i've known but haven't really shared much time with, to do something familiar with people i'm already familiar with. and that includes.... and laag2x nato... wahh... mingaw nako sa "cover-all-you-can" nato nga laag da. :D pinaspasay nga lakaw.. :D
Post a Comment